THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY
orthopedics | sports medicine
Northern Lights Physical Therapy is an outpatient physical therapy clinic, in Bismarck, ND, that specializes in orthopedic rehabilitation and sports injuries for individuals of all ages and activity levels. Having prompt, appropriate treatment can contribute to a faster recovery. The therapists at Northern Lights Physical Therapy are dedicated to providing the highest quality of personalized care to assist you with returning to work, play and life as quickly as possible.
As a consumer you have a choice as to where you receive your outpatient therapy. We would be grateful for the opportunity to assist in your recovery.
We accept most insurance including Medicare & Worker’s Comp.
NOW OFFERING FREE INJURY SCREENINGS*
If you are experiencing pain let the licensed medical professionals at Northern Lights Physical Therapy take a look. Call our clinic to schedule your free injury screening today.
*Not applicable to patients in federal or state funded programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid.
* Screenings are consultations and do not involve a physical therapy evaluation or treatment.
We Also Offer:
- Evaluations Within 24-48 hrs
- Flexible Scheduling
- Personalized Care with Treatment Tailored For Each Patient
- Licensed Therapists
- Specialized Treatment Programs
- Friendly and Open Environment
- Convenient Location with Easy Access and Parking
Please contact our office at (701) 223-8717 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Charity Iverson Harstad, PT, DPT, Clinic Director
Additional programs are available. Contact us for information on additional or specialty programs you may need.
- Neck Pain & Head Aches
- Low Back/Spine Conditions
- Surgical Repairs/Reconstruction
- Manual Therapy
- Injury Assessment, Treatment, Education & Prevention
- Athletic Training Outreach
- Knee, Shoulder, Foot and Ankle Rehab
- Overhead Athlete (Throwing Injuries)
- Endurance Training
- Dartfish Video Analysis
- Work Rehabilitation
- Work Conditioning/Hardening
- Ergonomic Analysis
- Balance/Fall Prevention
- Cancer Related Fatigue Program
- Manual Therapy and Massage Techniques
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Running/Walking Gait Analysis (including video analysis)
For Additional Questions Please Contact Us
Yes. The choice of where you receive therapy is always yours. While the majority of our patients come to us by physician referral/recommendation, many clients request to see us due to our strong clinical reputation in the community.
We operate in a direct access state where, if your insurance plan authorizes self-referral to physical therapy, a physician referral is not necessary for you to be seen by a licensed therapist. Please check with your insurance though as many health insurance plans require a physician’s referral for therapy to be covered. We also offer treatments, services or products that do NOT require a referral and are available on a self-pay basis.
We participate in the majority of major health insurance plans including Medicare and Worker’s Compensation. Please contact us prior to your first visit to see if we participate with your specific health plan.
As a service to our patients, we will gladly file claims with your insurance company on your behalf. In order to appropriately submit these claims, we will need to obtain a copy of your insurance identification card to ensure that we have the necessary information.
Your therapist will conduct an evaluation of your condition lasting between 60-90 minutes. The evaluation is necessary to create a program designed specifically to address your needs for a maximum recovery.
– Referral slip from your medical doctor
– Your medical insurance card
– Your ID
– If you are getting therapy as a result of a worker’s compensation claim or an automobile accident, you will also need to bring your claim information, including claim number.
Please arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit to fill out any necessary paperwork.
We recommend comfortable clothing such as sweatpants or shorts, a T-shirt or tank-top and sneakers.
Each visit will last 60 – 90 minutes on average. Times vary due to the treatment and exercises being performed.
The regularity of your visits will be determined after your initial evaluation, but most patients have 3 visits each week scheduled.